Monday, January 25, 2010

Growing Pains

...As a kid, well let me not say kid, but in the middle years of my adolescence I became jaded--- I always wanted things to go my way, and when they didn’t, I couldn’t comprehend why. It was something that I was confronted with more often than not, being that things have a way of never working out the way you anticipate them too. I had a wake up call.... I looked in the mirror; I could see the anger, distress, and just ill hearted-ness on my face, in my demeanor, my stare.

...I always tell people to look in the mirror; the most important person and judge of character will be looking directly back at you. It is important to recognize flaws in self. That is truly an indication and sign of growth. We are imperfect at our core, but how we remedy such glitches is the true test...

...to say I have grown, would be redundant, one of the many facets of life, puts you in situations where you not only have to grow, but you must do it gracefully and while everyone is watching being subject to criticism. It is no easy undertaking, I had to learn early on, that life will take you where you least expect it to, it is a compilation of every sort of situation imaginable, and you have virtually no control on which situation is next. I say this because this lesson alone has forced me and made it increasingly easier over the years to cut people out who have no business being a part of my life. Today was easier than yesterday...because when I now look in the mirror, I see a beauty, inside and out. I have worked on myself, I have learned lessons I prayed I never would have to endure, and I have become the woman I want to be, with massive potential left to blossom. I have not tolerance for the loose wrap, the people who insist on taking me for granted, and to think all it took was a look in the mirror....


...when you truly decide to grow up, life becomes that much more blissful. Ode to the woMAN in the mirror-



xoxo

Cityy

No comments:

Post a Comment