Thursday, January 7, 2010

Run this Town...

..."Every morning a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it'll starve to death. It doesn't matter whether ...you are a ga...zelle or a lion...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running...."

...Everyone (unfortunately) is not cut out or designed to be a great runner: a boss, go getter, executive, CEO, hard-worker, or multimillionaire for that matter, but I often ask...why??

...Honestly why not us all? My father used to tell me that there are so many factors that contribute to success, and that typically if you don't have a direct influence from the start, in the fertile years of adolescence, it makes it increasingly harder to inspire or motivate yourself to the level of complete and utter ambition, notwithstanding it has and will continue to be done on the account of many brilliant men and women out there who just didn't have the right influences growing up. Examples, influences are key, almost quasi-essential to the method by which you formulate your own success. I am surrounded by many successful people in their own right, but does that directly attribute to my success potential?

...I have all the necessary trimmings to become one of the most successful women in the world, but what would hold me back? A man? A baby? My ethnicity? My political agenda or views? NO NO NO. I, Me, Cityy, sadly would be the person to hold me back. I don't think it really even warrants an in depth explanation, just look in the mirror and you can confront your biggest obstacle.

... granted the things I previously stated are common deterrents but not obstacles that can not be met and climbed. I catch a lot of flack for not wanting to be associated with people who are not "running" and I can't imagine how! I don't see why I should have to be subjected to people who are not doing shit, when I am doing some shit. I understand that there may be certain circumstances that may attribute to ones constant struggle and set backs, but in all due fairness-my plate is already full of shit, and in an effort to keep slim, I must watch what I eat (lol) Its all preference in my eyes and how you choose to mingle and sort your deck. I learned through experience to -NOT.GIVE.A.FUCK- at least to the extent that would affect the way you "do you", its pointless, you can only care about so many other peoples shit before you de-odorize your own.

...Moral of the story, get on your job. If you don't know what that means-just end your life, because you ain't been living it thus far.


...You feelin like you runnin huh, now you know how we feel" -kayne west

Xoxo
Cityy

(Follow me on twitter @cityy)
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment